A natural powdered root starch used as a thickening agent. Generally used as a substitute for cornstarch. It is gluten-free, grain-free and paleo-friendly. Arrowroot Powder doesn’t lose its thickening abilities, has a completely neutral taste, and will not make your sauces turn cloudy. It also helps make cakes and cookies lighter and softer. Arrowroot Powder makes a wonderful base for cream sauces, gravies, clear glazes and pie fillings. It is more easily digestible and contains more fiber than potatoes and other starches.
Dried Root / Cut & Sifted
Sweet Potato Fries
Triple Berry Compote
Specific: No known precautions.
General: We recommend that you consult with a qualified healthcare practitioner before using herbal products, particularly if you are pregnant, nursing, or on any medications. Keep all herbs out of reach of children and pets.
For educational purposes only. This information has not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This information is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
Store herbs and spices in tightly capped containers and keep away from heat, moisture and direct sunlight. Here are the suggested shelf lives of each spice category:
- Ground spices and blends (nutmeg, cinnamon, turmeric): 4 to 8 months
- Herbs (basil, oregano, parsley): 1 to 2 years
- Whole spices (cloves, peppercorns, cinnamon sticks): 4 years
- Seeds: 4 years (except for poppy and sesame seeds, which should be discarded after 2 years)
- Extracts: 4 years (except for vanilla, which will last forever)